Monday, December 31, 2012

Canadian Hemp Guitars

Interview by Dionne Payne
Source: HempLifestyleMagazine


Hemp Guitars - a buyers perspectiveMichael Hicks

What got you interested in hemp in the first place?

Hemp was introduced in my life at an early age. I have an aversion
to injustice against a harmless biomass that has thousands of uses.
If a plant has the ability to heal the planet the only thing
criminal was to keep it illegal from being grown. There's nothing
worth living for if not to fight human greed with the truth.

Why did you choose to purchase a Canadian Hemp Guitar?

I've always been an advocate for life, liberty, and the pursuit of
happiness. This would include the support of like-minded businesses
that encourage natural verses artificial, peace before profit, and
music as true form of expression. It's hard to find, especially in
desperate times, genuine people who fight for what truly matters;
respect for all life.

Are you a musician and have you tried one of the guitars? 

I have been a musician, artist, and romantic idealist at heart ever
since I was born. I am not a paid professional, but I grew up as a
stage performer and know the life of a travelling entertainer.
There's simply no joy as the experience of sharing the gift of
music to an audience.

I have not tried playing the Canadian Hemp Guitar yet, but I look
forward to being the first person in the US to purchase a custom
build hemp guitar. I didn't hesitate to purchase one as I have
always wanted a guitar for this exact reason.

What was your first impression?

I felt like it was a twist of fate to come across this company and
their guitars. It was if I manifested this opportunity by keeping
my interests in focus with my goals in life. Synchronized perfectly.

How do they sound?

Without a doubt, they have the best sound quality due to the amount
of personal attention, creativity, and ingenuity that went into
developing the concept of instruments made from natural materials.

Is it obvious to a layperson that these are made from hemp?

They follow a standard electric Les Paul body, but the best
features are the ones to customize. They range in all aesthetic
finishes. I chose a plain natural finish with some amber highlights
to show off the hemp fibers in the body. A layperson may not
understand or directly tell if it's made with the hemp plant, but
any trained ear would know the vibratory subtleties of Cannabis
biomass.

What do you think the reaction to your guitar will be when you show
it to your friends and family?


I have had many different reactions, but the most common one is
"You have a guitar made from marijuana?" or "Are you gonna smoke
and play at the same time?" It has been an uphill battle to clear
the name of Hemp. There are so many misinformed people and it's
extremely hard to have an intelligent conversation with anyone who
are either unwilling to learn or can't see past a fear based slam
campaign against a completely harmless and versatile plant.

How can readers get in contact with you for more information?

There is an opportunity for me to be a US Representative and help
Canadian Hemp Guitars expand their market. I have the privilege to
have exclusive business relations with Canadian Hemp Guitars and
can easily direct anyone in the US to purchasing their very own
unique and customized Hemp Guitar. I can be reached by email or
phone at: wyzeone57@yahoo.com316-990-5505.


Links

Canadian Hemp Guitars - www.HempGuitars.com






2 comments:

  1. Cool! All the things you can do with hemp - let's make it legal here - how long has this been going on already? A great petition is up at www.minawear.com/about-us/ - where people like Cynthia McKinney - Green Party candidate - have signed - this will go to the White House and aims to generate much press attention.
    For this and other hemp facts and activism check out www.hempforvictory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am noticing that a lot of the real activists in the hemp movement are women - Mina, Cynthia, Candi of HIA, etc. - where are the men?

    ReplyDelete