our forfathers knew better than the ones who are in charge now- hemp in the state of kentucky in 1876 were a five billion dollar crop- and winchester co., ky. in the eastern part of kentucky had 47 cordess factories, wemade our own thread, rope, cloth, and was used to buy trade goods other places, at one time every household grew it, for their use for rope, cloth etc. and in ww11 era, hemp was grown for making rope and parachutes, and also pot was legally grown by the federal governement used the oil from seeds to use on the big planes-and canada has been growing hemp and doing exactly what they, the farmers are wanting to grow it for- why should we buy rope, fuel, cloth, from other countries when can help the americans have work and keep their farms and etc. 

As far as tobacco, I think it is a shame what government has done to tobacco farmers, I don't smoke, never did, but not supposed to have smoke around us, I was born in ky. and I say heck yeah, and goverment stop messing with the farmers and us americans- buy american made-----and home grown- and home made- I know people who smoked all their lives from early age and didn't die from smoking- and before I moved back to mich. 3and a half years ago I lived in graves co., ky. where I was born- and a couple years ago smalions came into mayfield and took jobs away from local workers, why don't the government stop some people from another country and take work away from americans and quit stopping progress in energy knowledge- also I heard and have here, about smell from chicken farms. pig farms, milk farms, well, unless they are vegeterians, if their was no pork, beef, chickens at grocerie store or some sort of gasoline- they sure would want those farmers to be doing and growing what they want too.