Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hemp Milk Instead of Cow’s Milk

posted by Greennii
Source: care2.com
Hemp Milk Instead of Cow’s Milk

For various and sundry reasons, I’ve been drinking soy milk, almond milk and rice milk to varying degrees of satisfaction. Soy was great, until we learned the truth about soy cultivation, processing and the detriments of soy to our systems and our ecosystemsAlmond milk is quite good, but once I learned how easy it is to make it, I find it nearly impossible to buy it (and am somehow also too lazy to make it myself). Rice milk just never really took a liking to me. Horchata, now that’s another thing entirely and one of my favorite beverages, but not for making a beurre blanc sauce or a simple rue.
Then, lo and behold, just the other day I discovered hemp milk and it’s truly my new favorite cow’s milk alternative. It’s creamy, not grainy, not watery and has a full, unobtrusively nutty/grassy/natural flavor.
And, just in case you’re curious, hemp is not the same as marijuana – read more than you ever wanted to know about the two very different varieties of the same plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment